Innovation in sound, space and interactive art.
What do we do? NOVARS current areas of research embrace:
- Analogue Electronics and Modular Synthesis (See our Sines and Squares project)
- Live Acousmatic Composition with Sound Spatialisation and Diffusion (See the MANTIS Festival)
- Game-audio / Procedural Audio (See our game-audio project) and Procedural-generative audio in graphics-physics-engines
- Machine Musicianship and Interactivity (Instruments and Live Electronics) (See the MANTIS Festival)
- Locativeaudio - (See our Locativeaudio and SonicMaps projects)
From Game Audio to Sonic Maps, view our project highlights.
Each academic year the NOVARS research centre produces a series of research group activities.