Innovation in sound, space and interactive art.
What do we do? NOVARS' current areas of research embrace:
- Live acousmatic composition with sound spatialisation and diffusion (see the MANTIS Festival)
- Machine musicianship and interactivity (instruments and live electronics) (see the MANTIS Festival)
- Electroacoustic music and sports science collaborative research (see the SoundRunner project)
- Analogue electronics and modular synthesis (see our Sines and Squares project)
- Locativeaudio (See our Locativeaudio project and entrepreneurial spin-out companies SonicMaps and Echoes)
- Game-audio/procedural audio (see our game-audio project) and procedural-generative audio in graphics-physics-engines
- Audification and sonification: audible data research on music composition (see the Audification website)
From Game Audio to Sonic Maps, view our project highlights.
Each academic year the NOVARS research centre produces a series of research group activities.