Innovation in sound, space and interactive art.
What do we do? NOVARS' current areas of research embrace:
- Live acousmatic composition with sound spatialisation and diffusion | MANTIS Festival
- MachineLearning for Music | UnSuperVISed
- Machine musicianship and interactivity (instruments and live electronics) | MANTIS Festival
- Electroacoustic music and sports science collaborative research | SoundRunner project
- Analogue electronics and modular synthesis | Sines and Squares Festival
- Locativeaudio | Locativeaudio project and entrepreneurial spin-out companies SonicMaps and Echoes
- Game-audio/procedural audio | game-audio research and procedural-generative audio in graphics-physics-engines
- Audification and sonification: audible data research on music composition| Audification website
- Social Ventures in video-gaming and digital philanthropy | Keep•It•Human
From Game Audio to Sonic Maps, view our project highlights.
Each academic year the NOVARS research centre produces a series of research group activities.